You think you own whatever land you land on 你認為可以擁有你踏上的任何一塊土地
The earth is just a dead thing you can claim 大地是死的你可以聲明所有權
But I know every rock and tree and creature 但我知道每一塊岩石 每一棵樹和每一個生靈
Has a life, has a spirit, has a name 都有生命靈魂和名字
You think the only people who are people 你認為真正高等的人類
Are the people who look and think like you 是外表想法和你一樣的人
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger 但如果你跟隨陌生人的腳步
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew 你可以學到從來不知道的事
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon 你可曾聽過狼對著藍月嗥叫的聲音
Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned?
你可曾問過微笑的山貓為何而笑
(Or let the eagle tell you where he's been)
(或讓老鷹告訴你牠去過的地方)
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain? 你能否隨著群山的聲音歌唱
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind? 你能否用風的顏色來作畫
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind? 你能否用風的顏色來作畫
Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest 到森林裡那些隱藏在松樹下的小徑奔跑
Come taste the sun-sweet berries of the earth 品嚐大地上充滿陽光甜味的野莓
Come roll in all the riches all around you 在你身邊豐饒的大自然中打滾
And for once, never wonder what they're worth 絕對不要懷疑它們的價值
The rainstorm and the river are my brothers 暴雨和河流是我的兄長
The heron and the otter are my friends 蒼鷺和水獺是我的朋友
And we are all connected to each other 我們彼此心手相連
In a circle, in a hoop that never ends (*) 連成一個無盡的圓
How high does the sycamore grow? 楓樹能長到多高
If you cut it down, then you'll never know 如果你砍倒它那你永遠無法知道
And you'll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon 你將永遠聽不見狼對著藍月嗥叫的聲音
For whether we are white or copper skinned 不論我們的膚色是白色或古銅色
We need to sing with all the voices of the mountain 我們應該隨著群山的聲音歌唱
We need to paint with all the colors of the wind 我們應該用風的顏色來畫畫
You can own the earth and still 你可以擁有大地
All you'll own is earth until 但你所有的就只是大地
You can paint with all the colors of the wind 你可以用風的顏色來作畫